Before Updating to SP1

I have noticed in the beta that when you update to SP1 your software update point may stop working.

Usual rules apply with this issue, remove the role, reinstall the role and check the log files. It wasn’t until I checked the log file after the reinstall failed to get my SUP working that I noticed I was missing something.

Simply put, make sure your WSUS instance is up to date, I had to apply KB2734608 to get it working again. This was in a lab environment however I would hope you all all patching your production environments!

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , ,

About Martyn

Martyn is one of the Senior Cloud Architects and DevOps Team Leader at one of the worlds leading Cloud Transformation Specialists Inframon. Martyn is responsible for the architecture of some of the largest Azure deployments in EMEA and is a advisor to a many businesses on their strategies. Martyn is a regular speaker at Microsoft events and community events on Azure and DevOps, giving his insight to a growing number of audiences.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: