Cleaning up Broken Clients
It’s been a while since a post, I have been really busy recently with the Cloud OS Community events and some Inframon events recently, as well as the usual work with customers. As we get to the end of life in terms of ConfigMgr 2007, one thing that is coming more common is the requirement to migrate from ConfigMgr 2007 to ConfigMgr 2012. I have noticed lots of problems customers have experienced when trying to install site system roles on servers which used to have a ConfigMgr 2007 client installed. Here is my cleanup process.
- First of all remove the client as usual using the /uninstall switch.
- Secondly, run ccmclean.exe to make sure we clean up anything left over, also ccmdelcert.exe is useful.
- Finally, execute this bit of PowerShell below from an Administrative prompt to verify the CCM namespace has been deleted.
- Install the ConfigMgr 2012 client.
Get-WMIObject -namespace"root"-query"SELECT * FROM __Namespace where name = 'ccm'" | Remove-WMIObject